Saturday, March 21, 2009

Íf you wanna drink like a viking, you gotta stay hydrated!´

So Mendoza has been super cool fun. St Pat´s day at the Irish pub was insanely fun, I came home with my face painted green. Most of the people here don´t go out til about 1am and stay out til 6 or 7. Joe and I parted ways and I met some other cool cats who I have been hanging out with. The name of this blog is a quote from an American, Shane from Boston who we naturally just called Boston. He was a massive unit who could drink anyone under the table and he turned up at the pub with a two litre bottle of water. Another memorable quote is when a Swedish guy described one of the local beers as tasting like ´llama piss´. For $1AUD for a litre, it could be camel piss and it wouldn´t really matter.

The other day myself, John and a couple of Mexican girls went to the Mendoza wineries on rented bikes, which was great fun. The wine was the best I´ve tasted and by the end of the day we were a little wobbly on our bikes. The next day five of us went down to the lake with two blow up mattresses. What eventuated has been aptly titled ´The Floating Incident´.

Basically there were five of us (Myself, an American, a Pom, and two Swedes) lying over two mattresses which created a sort of raft. We paddled for a good half hour, our flip flops tied together and in tow behind us, before making our way over to the rowing club and restaurant to appease some intrigued locals. They quickly informed us that the club had called the police as you´re not supposed to swim in that particular lake and we made a quick exit. We were sitting at a bar by the lake and toasting to our success when the cops finally drove by.

Today some others are off to the wineries and we´re having a barbecue at the hostel. We´re all parting ways tomorrow, I will be off to Buenos Aires.

The weather here is still amazing and I´m excited to get to BA. Hope all is well in Australia... I heard something about naked photos of Pauline Hanson? That´s something I´m glad I missed. The Tigers line up against the Blues on Thursday. All I can say is get ready for another big disappointment Carlton fans, this is the year of the tiger.

Tom

1 comment: