Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bella Vista

I have now moved on from my host family´s house to a hostel in Bella Vista, which is the arty bohemian sort of neighbourhood here. It was sad to leave them (and free food and accommodation) but I needed to meet some people to travel to Argentina with. I am going to Mendoza first, so I´m looking to stay here another two noghts or so, then catch a bus.

Yesterday Miguel and I went to a place called San Cristobal, which is a big hill right in the middle of the city (they have three of them) with a great big statue of the Virgin Mary on top. They call it the statue of immaculate conception. I got a sweet photo of me in front of that which I´ll put on here hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

Miguel then took me to a great little bar in the city where we had drinks called Terre Moto (Earthquake). The drink was pretty much just a big cup of wine with some sort of red liquer and ice cream on top. I felt pretty drunk after that, then we had empenadas. Empenadas are the Chilean equivalent of a Four and Twenty pie. We also shared some beer. We worked out where to meet today as Miguel wanted to show me more of the city, then I returned to the hostel and promptly fell asleep, even sleeping through breakfast this morning... Which is why I must now go and find some lunch (Empenada and beer maybe?).

Tom

1 comment:

  1. haha, four and twenty pies are an institution!

    my fav empanada so far has been chicken, minced beef and cheese in one.

    photos coming soon.

    ReplyDelete