Tuesday, March 3, 2009

4 Days Til Departure - Expenses To Date

When I finish writing this I am going to go and start packing my backpack. I still need to make copies of my important documents, write a list of people I need to send postcards to and things like that... I thought it would be interesting and helpful for anyone else planning their trip to see what I have had to spend money on so far.

Vaccinations

  • Initial Consultation $20 (courtesy of a $60 medicare rebate)
  • Yellow Fever Vaccine $110
  • Typhoid and Hepatitis A Vaccine $60
  • Three rounds of Hepatitis B Vaccine $84 ($28 x three injections)

Gear

  • Backpack - 55L Black Wolf $210
  • Accessories $0 - I either had them already or received them as presents.

Other

  • Flight $2100
  • Passport $200
  • Travel Insurance - Basic cover, no excess $170
  • First week of accommodation $0 - Free through couchsurfing.com
  • 3kg of the finest Australian heroin... I mean Vegemite. $4500AUD - to be made back with interest from sales in Colombia.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me financially with the trip!


Tom

1 comment:

  1. your travel insurance cost less than mine you bastard. I needed it though, I hope you won't. Have a great time compadre, try and enjoy the flight.

    ReplyDelete